Zaytsev Aleksey Borisovich, Doctor of medical sciences, traumatologistorthopedist of traumatologic unit, Municipal Hospital No. 33 of Leninsky District of Nizhny Novgorod (54, Lenina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: AB_Zaitsev@mail.ru
Baranov Sergey Valer'evich, Doctor of purulent surgery unit, Municipal Hospital No. 33 of Leninsky District of Nizhny Novgorod (54, Lenina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Tolmosov Yuriy Vasil'evich, Traumatologic unit, traumatologist, Municipal Hospital No. 33 of Leninsky District of Nizhny Novgorod (54, Lenina avenue, Nizhny Novgorod, Russia), E-mail: email@example.com
Background. According to WHO data from 50 % to 78 % of the people having chronic osteomyelitis of various etiology and localization are in working-age. Every second patient reaches disability in connection with the late or insufficiently qualified medical care, and also persistence of disease. The work purpose – creation pathogenetic reasonable algorithmic approach to a surgical method of treatment of patients with band forms of osteomyelitis.
Materials and methods. Object of a research were 116 patients with chronic osteomyelitis of various localization aged from 17 to 73. Clinical, radiological, kliniko-laboratony and microbiological methods were used for features studying of current and localization of purulent process.
Results. For assessment of treatment results marked out the main signs: stopping of inflammation and restoration of function (opornost). Use of an integrated pathogenetic approach to surgical treatment of patients with chronic osteomyelitis allowed to achieve good and satisfactory results at 56.2 % of patients.
Conclusions. The leading role in a pathogeny of osteomyelitis is played by a bone cavity – chronic bone softtisue a wound therefore an integrated approach to treatment includes: radical processing, active drainage, plasticity of a bone and defect of cover fabrics, immobilization, and antibiotic treatment.
1. Yurkevich V. V., Pekshev A. V. Mezhdunarodnyy zhurnal prikladnykh i fundamental'nykh issledovaniy [International journal of applied and basic research]. 2014, no. 9 (3), pp. 66–70. [In Russian]
2. Amiraslanov Yu. A., Svetukhin A. M., Borisov I. V., Ushakov A. A. Khirurgiya [Surgery]. 2008, no. 9, pp. 46–50. [In Russian]
3. Ishutov I. V., Alekseev D. G. Vestnik eksperimental'noy i klinicheskoy khirurgii [Bulletin of experimental and clinical surgery]. 2011, vol. 4, no. 2, pp. 314–320. [In Russian]
4. Milanov N. O., Adamyan R. N., Pashintseva N. N. Rany i ranevaya infektsiya: tezisy dokladov Mezhdunar. konf. (Moskva, 12–13 oktyabrya 1993 g.) [Wounds and wound infection: proceedings of an International conference (Moscow, 12-13 of October, 1993)]. Moscow, 1993, sect. I, pp. 165–166. [In Russian]
5. MacKenzie E. J., Jones A. S., Bosse M. J. J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2007, vol. 89, pp. 1685–1692.
6. Kirilova I. A. Khirurgiya pozvonochnika [Spinal surgery]. 2011, no. 1, pp. 68–74. [In Russian]
7. Egol K. A., Nauth A., Lee M., Pape H. C., Watson J. T., Borrelli J. Jr. J Orthop Trauma. 2015, vol. 29, suppl 12, pp. 10–14.
8. Zaytsev A. B. Rekonstruktivno-vosstanovitel'noe lechenie bol'nykh osteomielitom goleni: avtoref. dis. d-ra med. nauk: 14.00.22 [Reconstructive treatment of patients with lower leg osteomyelitis: author's abstract of dissertation to apply for the degree of the doctor of medical sciences: 14.00.22]. Nizhniy Novgorod, 2009, 31 p. [In Russian]
9. Stolyarov E. A., Batakov E. A., Alekseev D. G., Batakov V. E. Geniy ortopedii [Genius of orthopedics]. 2009, no. 4, pp. 11–16. [In Russian]
10. Zalavras C. G., Singh A., Patzakis M. J. Clin. Orthop. 2007, vol. 461, no. 17, pp. 31 34.
11. Ar'ev T. Ya., Nikitin G. D. Myshechnaya plastika kostnykh polostey [Muscular plasty of bone cavities]. Moscow: Medgiz, 1955, 175p. [In Russian]
12. Grinev M. V. Osteomielit [Osteomyelitis]. Leningrad: Meditsina. Leningr. otd-nie, 1977, 152 p. [In Russian]